Virginia Affordable Rentals >> NORFOLK Housing and Apartments >> COGIC HIGH RISE APARTMENTS

Cogic High Rise Apartments, Norfolk VA - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment

2412 E VIRGINIA BEACH BLVD
NORFOLK VA, 23504-3628
Contact Name: COGIC MEMORIAL HOME FOR THE ELDERLY, INC.
Contact Phone: (757) 622-2513
Details: Cogic Memorial Home For The Elderly, Inc. known as COGIC Highrise Apartments was founded and started by the late Bishop D. Lawrence Williams in 1972. COGIC Highrise was completed in late 1974. This eleven story senior complex was the first of its kind in the state of Virginia. Cogic Highrise Apartments consists of 150 units, 10 two-bedrooms, 105 one-bedrooms, and 35 efficiencies; Beauty Salon, M.D./Psychiatrist Office; Computer Lab; Laundry Facility and a large Recreational Room with a kitchen. Cogic Highrise is centrally located with a bus stop directly in front of the apartment complex, a mini-shopping center, several food establishments, public library, High School and University in the nearby area. It is on-site operated by a property manager, full-time and part-time staff members. Cogic Highrise has 24-hour security service; a feature not offered by any other senior housing complex in the area. To qualify for housing, a prospective applicant must be 62 years + or disabled. Rents are based on an applicant's gross monthly income. There are two types of rent subsides available: Section 8 and Section 236. On the Section 8 program the qualified applicant pays 30% of his/her monthly income for rent and HUD subsidizes the remaining 70% of the rent. On the Section 236 program the qualified applicant pays the current base or market rent. All utilities are included in the rent. Cable is available for an additional cost. The apartments include amenities such as a stove, refrigerator, self controlled a/c unit, wall-to-wall carpet, mini-blinds, cable access and smoke detectors. Cogic Highrise Apartments, "where living is easy," has in-house activities and offers the COGIC Highrise Civic League, occasional recreational activities, health screenings, etc.

Website: http://cogichighrise.com/
Bedrooms Available: One Bedroom, Two Bedrooms
Property Type: Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment - Elderly
Utilities Included: N/A
To apply: Visit the management office for the apartment.

Low Income Apartments Nearby

Park Terrace - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment (for Family )
Location: Norfolk, VA - 23504-3648 | 0.1 mile away
Grace Place - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment (for Elderly )
Location: Norfolk, VA - 23504-4026 | 0.5 mile away
Annetta M. Lane Apartments - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment (for Elderly )
Location: Norfolk, VA - 23504-4057 | 0.5 mile away
Lexington Park Apts - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment (for Family )
Location: Norfolk, VA - 23504-2800 | 0.6 mile away
Calvary Towers - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment (for Elderly )
Location: Norfolk, VA - 23504-3227 | 0.7 mile away
Moultrie Drive - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment (for )
Location: Norfolk, VA - 23509-1038 | 1.6 miles away
Multrie Drive - Apartment (for )
Location: Norfolk, VA - 23602-1038 | 1.6 miles away
Kennon Avenue - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment (for Disabled )
Location: Norfolk, VA - 23513-4319 | 1.8 miles away
Sumler Terrace - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment (for Family )
Location: Norfolk, VA - 23523-1434 | 1.9 miles away
Bell Diamond Manor - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment (for Family )
Location: Norfolk, VA - 23523-1422 | 2.1 miles away
Colonial Hall Apts. - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment (for Family )
Location: Norfolk, VA - 23508-3256 | 2.2 miles away
Oak Park Apts - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment (for Family )
Location: Norfolk, VA - 23523-1946 | 2.6 miles away
Lakewood Plaza - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment (for Elderly )
Location: Norfolk, VA - 23509-1457 | 2.7 miles away
Village Pointe Apartments - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment (for Elderly )
Location: Norfolk, VA - 23508 | 2.9 miles away
Village Gardens - Subsidized, Low-Rent Apartment (for Elderly)
Location: Norfolk, VA - 23508-2427 | 2.9 miles away

Latest Reviews, Comments, Questions for COGIC HIGH RISE APARTMENTS

There are no comments at this time. Be the first to submit.

Do you have experience with COGIC HIGH RISE APARTMENTS? Add your review/comment here

 
 

Update Apartment Information

Upload Apartment Photos And Logo